Moving is a dirty business, and before you can enjoy your new home, it needs a great clean!
Our HomeMaker teams will of course wipe the inside of cupboards before filling them. However, you may need to hire one of our vetted and approved cleaning services to enable you to start life afresh in all areas.
However, if you fancy doing it yourself, here are our Top Tips for inspiration:
- Get all of the equipment you will need ready before you start to avoid setbacks – check if you need a specialist cleaning product for wooden floors or marble tops
- Make sure you have a stepladder to reach every area, including top of doors and cupboards
- Before starting the clean, take down curtains or blinds to be specialist cleaned
- Move all items from shelves to ensure the whole area can be cleaned
- Open the windows – nothing like a blast of fresh air to help freshen a home
- Wipe down walls and ceilings to fully remove dust; remove cobwebs in corners
- Start at the ceiling, top shelves and work down, dusting and damp dusting as appropriate. Polish where needed
- Use specialist products including limescale remover, paying special attention to shower doors, shower heads, toilets and bathroom fittings
- Thoroughly clean the oven and fridges
- Vacuum and wash floors last – if wooden floors, use a specialist cleaner and a well squeezed mop head as the floors should not get too wet
- Remove dirt and moss from patio and decking areas with a Jet Wash
- Wash all outdoor cushions, blankets and umbrellas
Call +44 (0)20 7078 7554 or contact us to talk to one of The Organisers®.